5 Terrific Tips On Learning Chinese Online

Everyday myself and my colleagues see large numbers of enquiries from translators seeking work. I hope that some of my observations will help you be more successful.

As Wayne Dyer once said, when it comes to stuff, most of us live by the 80/20 rule – we don’t use 80% of our stuff and we can’t find the 20% of the stuff we do use because of the clutter from the other 80%. Reducing clutter is a great way to both streamline your life and make some fast cash.

One of the reasons that the Internet is so great is that it’s a network. You can easily interact with other users from all over the world. Sing up on a few language exchange sites and look for Americans who are willing to talk with you in English. They will help you improve your accent, you will help them with your mother tongue.

Find out what are the most English collocations words. You can search for “English most common words” to find them out. Then, check out if you know how to pronounce them correctly. You can use Forvo or Rhinospike to find out what is the right pronunciation; just make sure that you are listening to a native American speaker.

Flashcards are special cards you use to memorize data. They are a good tool to use while learning a new language. The bonus in using flashcards is that you can make a game out of it.

When an initial meeting takes place, your zhongjian ren is invaluable. You can’t expect to understand all the nuances of discussion but a Collocations in English of the language will be able to read (and explain to you) the moods, intonations and body language of Chinese negotiators. What’s doubly frustrating is the fact that you may believe things are going swimmingly but your intermediary may tell you that all the politeness you’re witnessing is really hiding reluctance to complete a deal.

Learning main principles is simple. You write about everything that you’re interested in, or what you need to write or what you need to translate into English. Find a good teacher, who can check your papers and indicate your mistakes to you. Discuss why there is something wrong, or what is the best way to write what you wanted with your tutor. Continue with you work on your text with your teacher, until we you reach perfection.

These are just three of the most common English mistakes in writing that you have to pick up on your own (as opposed to having a computer program pick them up). Although these examples may seem minor, incorrect usage of words reflects upon you as a writer. In the next article, I will go over more common English mistakes that will help you with your self-editing and make your work tight.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *